About the Role
We’re seeking to hire a Front-End Developer Intern to join us on a full-time basis to join us at our offices in Vancouver, BC with the opportunity to work remotely a few days a week. The role will begin as a 6 month paid internship with the goal of supporting you to become a junior developer at JIBE by the end of your internship.
To be successful at JIBE, you will need to:
- Think People First: We lead our team, clients, and partners with openness, honesty, and equality, and always seek positive outcomes.
- Create Results: We achieve clear, measurable results from our efforts. We advance businesses forward.
- Give Extra: We pursue the remarkable over the ordinary and status-quo in every actions we take. We give more than expected.
- Always Learn: We seek and embrace the new. With curiosity, we experiment, explore, and challenge ourselves together to grow.
At JIBE, our mission is to help established brands and retailers continue to innovate and grow their online presence through a data-driven approach to digital marketing and technology.
Founded in 2009, we have had the privilege to work with amazing brands such as Arc’teryx, 7mesh, Casca, Sugoi, Grouse Mountain Resorts, Sutton Realty, Symantec, Mac’s Convenience Stores, and Sega.
We pride ourselves on the quality and impact of the services and products we deliver. We are in it for the long run and forging lasting valuable relationships with our clients, partners, and community is at the heart of our mission.
We organize the largest eCommerce community in the Pacific Northwest, dubbed ECOMsquare.
What You'll Do
You are a self-starter and team player who is passionate about web technologies, an interest in eCommerce, and excited to grow your skillset and put your knowledge to good use by contributing to the success of our clients, partners and communities.
You are keen on learning new skills as a fresh grad and are coachable plus can be self-directed when needed.
- Complete Shopify training and other e-commerce related courses in your first month at JIBE
- Work with our Front-End team lead to learn key skills to craft responsive web experiences that are secure, fast and high performing
- Help identify and solve front-end web development issues experienced by clients
- Ensure a cohesive experience across different browsers and devices
- Work closely with the design team to define and implement product features
- Define and implement robust and efficient UI architecture
- Disburse UI best practices throughout the entire engineering team
What You'll Bring
- 1 year of experience developing web solutions or recent graduate from an educational program/bootcamp
- Experience integrating with REST APIs
- Proficiency with GIT and deployment workflows (GIT Flow or similar)
- Interest in eCommerce platforms such as Shopify, BigCommerce, Wordpress, Wix or others
- Ability to develop, review, test, and deploy customs solutions
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving capabilities
- Understands the impact of good usability and user experience
- Autonomous, yet knows when to seek support from peers
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexible and able to deal with frequently shifting priorities
- Constantly seeking to optimize processes and outcomes
- Have a keen eye for detail
Additional details :
This position is offered with funding through the Government of Canada's Digital Skills For Youth Program and is open to applicants aged 15-30 (inclusive). Candidates must have recently (within two years prior to the start of their internship) completed post-secondary studies.
All applicants must be Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada, or have refugee status in Canada. Work permits are not eligible. And be eligible to work in Canada.
What We Offer You
- Collaboration 🤝 — Share your thoughts, ideas and be heard! We value you as an expert in your role/function
- Flexible schedule ⚖ — Work from home or the office when you want/how you want. Let us know what you'll need to get the work done and you've got it
- Learning/Growth 📖 — Dedicated budget for ongoing learning, bi-weekly lunch n learns and paid conferences
- Impact 🌟 — Opportunity to work on world-class projects and brands on the cutting edge of e-commerce
- Competitive Salary 💵 and Benefits ⚕️- Competitive salaries reflecting your experience and top of the line benefits (we are about better-living after all!)