About the Role:
We’re seeking to hire a new team member to join us on a full-time basis to work on headless eCommerce projects in the capacity of eCommerce Back-end Developer at either our offices in Vancouver,BC or remotely in Canada.
To be successful at JIBE, you will need to:
- Think People First: We lead our team, clients, and partners with openness, honesty, and equality, and always seek positive outcomes.
- Create Results: We achieve clear, measurable results from our efforts. We advance businesses forward.
- Give Extra: We pursue the remarkable over the ordinary and status-quo in every actions we take. We give more than expected.
- Always Learn: We seek and embrace the new. With curiosity, we experiment, explore, and challenge ourselves together to grow.
At JIBE, our mission is to help established brands and retailers continue to innovate and grow their online presence through a data-driven approach to digital marketing and technology.
Founded in 2009, we have had the privilege to work with amazing brands such as Arc’teryx, 7mesh, Casca, Sugoi, Grouse Mountain Resorts, Sutton Realty, Symantec, Mac’s Convenience Stores, and Sega.
We pride ourselves on the quality and impact of the services and products we deliver. We are in it for the long run and forging lasting valuable relationships with our clients, partners, and community is at the heart of our mission.
We organize the largest eCommerce community in the Pacific Northwest, dubbed ECOMsquare.
Who you are:
You are a self-starter and team player who is passionate about web technologies, an interest in eCommerce, and excited to grow your skillset and put your knowledge to good use by contributing to the success of our clients, partners and communities.
What you'll be doing:
You will be using and learning a wide arrangement of technologies and platforms such as Shopify, BigCommerce, Elastic Path, Fabric, headless commerce (MACH), React, Ruby on Rails. You will be part of a larger Headless Commerce project team that will be working on key R&D projects sometimes building from scratch. You may also be working on existing codebases to improve and transition them to more modern architecture.
What you'll bring:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience developing web solutions or demonstrated proficiency
- Experience architecting and building microservices
- Experience integrating with REST APIs
- Expertise working with MVC backend frameworks such as Ruby on Rails or MACH, MEAN stack
- Proficiency with GIT and deployment workflows (GIT Flow or similar)
- Ability to develop, review, test, and deploy customs solutions
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving capabilities
- Experience with providing feedback and mentorship to Junior / Intermediate Developers, including code reviews
- Expertise in building automated unit test scripts
- Understands the impact of good usability and user experience
- Familiar with Linux command line
- Autonomous, yet knows when to seek support from peers
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexible and able to deal with frequently shifting priorities
- Constantly seeking to optimize processes and outcomes
- Have a keen eye for detail
Nice to have:
- A background in Computer/Software Engineering or Computer Science is preferred, but we’re open to non-conventional degrees and education if abilities can be demonstrated
- Interest or Experience with eCommerce implementations and platforms such as Shopify, BigCommerce
- Experience with platforms like Elastic Path or Fabric in a headless eCommerce environment
- Experience in developing with Agile methodologies, MVP development and working with start-up mindset.
- Knowledge of or experience with the growth driven design methodology
- Experience with continuous integration methodologies
What we offer you:
- Collaboration 🤝 — Share your thoughts, ideas and be heard! We value you as an expert in your role/function
- Flexible schedule ⚖ — Work from home or the office when you want/how you want. Let us know what you'll need to get the work done and you've got it
- Learning/Growth 📖 — Dedicated budget for ongoing learning, bi-weekly lunch n learns and paid conferences
- Impact 🌟 — Opportunity to work on world-class projects and brands on the cutting edge of e-commerce
- Competitive Salary 💵 and Benefits ⚕️- Competitive salaries reflecting your experience and top of the line benefits (we are about better-living after all!)