We’re seeking to hire a new team member to join us on a full-time basis to work on client projects in the capacity of front-end web developer at our offices in Gastown (Vancouver, BC).
To be successful at The Jibe, you will need to:
- Think People First: We lead our team, clients, and partners with openness, honesty, and equality, and always seek positive outcomes.
- Create Results: We achieve clear, measurable results from our efforts. We advance businesses forward.
- Give Extra: We pursue the remarkable over the ordinary and status-quo in every actions we take. We give more than expected.
- Always Learn: We seek and embrace the new. With curiosity, we experiment, explore, and challenge ourselves together to grow.
At The Jibe, our mission is to help established brands and retailers continue to innovate and grow their online presence through a data-driven approach to digital marketing and technology.
Founded in 2009, we have had the privilege to work with amazing brands such as Arc’teryx, Grouse Mountain Resorts, Sutton Realty, Symantec, Mac’s Convenience Stores, Sega, and Sugoi to name a few.
We pride ourselves on the quality and impact of the services and products we deliver. We are in it for the long run and forging lasting valuable relationships with our clients, partners, and community is at the heart of our mission.
We organize the largest eCommerce community in the Pacific Northwest, dubbed eCommerce Vancouver.
You are a self-starter and team player who is passionate about web technologies, an interest in eCommerce, and excited to grow your skillset and put your knowledge to good use by contributing to the success of our clients, partners and communities. You are keen on using and learning a wide arrangement of technologies and platforms such as Shopify, Lemonstand, Magento, Laravel, Ruby on Rails, Drupal, and Angular.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience developing web solutions or demonstrated proficiency
- Experience with eCommerce implementations
- Experience integrating with REST APIs
- Proficiency with GIT and deployment workflows (GIT Flow or similar)
- Ability to develop, review, test, and deploy customs solutions
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving capabilities
- Understands the impact of good usability and user experience
- Familiar with Linux command line
- Autonomous, yet knows when to seek support from peers
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexible and able to deal with frequently shifting priorities
- Constantly seeking to optimize processes and outcomes
- Have a keen eye for detail
Nice to have:
- A background in Computer/Software Engineering or Computer Science is preferred, but we’re open to non-conventional degrees and education if abilities can be demonstrated
- Experience with technologies such as: RoR, Laravel, Drupal, WordPress.
- Experience with platforms such as Shopify, Magento, BigCommerce
- Experience in developing with Agile methodologies, MVP development and working with start-up mindset.
- Knowledge of or experience with the growth driven design methodology
- Experience with continuous integration methodologies